Director of Development Services
|Open Date||Oct 03 2019 - 09:44:00 AM||Close Date||Nov 04 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Director of Development Services||Posting Type||Exempt|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Planning||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Master's Degree||Experience||10 years|
Director of Development Services
The City of West Kelowna is currently seeking to fill the management position of Director of Development Services, reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer. This role is responsible for the overall management and strategic planning for the Development Services Division. The Director provides expertise and advice to the Chief Administrative Officer and Council. This position leads a team of designated staff, establishing priorities, responsibilities and ensuring operational requirements are met.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, this position ensures that the development, implementation and evaluation of procedures, policies and programs are designed to meet the strategic needs of the City. This is achieved through leading, inspiring and evaluating the functional areas of Planning Services, Development Engineering, Building Inspection, Bylaw and Business Licencing. The enhancement of quality of life of West Kelowna residents by adapting service delivery to changing customer needs is a key focus of this position. The Director works closely with developers, business representatives, government officials, contractors, consultants and the public fostering positive relationships focused on customer service.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Regional, Urban, City or Community Planning
- Membership in the Planning Institute of BC and/or Canadian Institute of Planners or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of management related experience in local government planning and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven literacy or experience in private development initiatives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong analytical capabilities that will provide representation and advice on various technical, regional and government committees
- Fully understand the complex planning issues facing modern day communities and have a track record of demonstrating their capabilities as a leader providing an entrepreneurial approach to service delivery
- Required ability to utilize new planning approaches and innovative techniques in a local government setting
- Experience in technical report writing
- Experience in presenting to Council, Committees and large groups at public meetings
- Extensive experience inspiring staff
This permanent, full-time exempt position offers a competitive salary, benefits package and municipal pension plan. If you want to grow your career in one of the most beautiful places on earth, fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, boating, mountain biking or skiing and you are seeking a challenge, please submit your application.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 19-50E | Closes November 4, 2019
Attachments19-50E Director of Development Services - Final.pdf
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.