Relief/Casual - Facilities Operator II
|Open Date||Aug 19 2020 - 11:53:00 AM||Close Date||Oct 05 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Relief/Casual - Facilities Operator II||Posting Type||Casual/Relief|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual/On Call|
|Department Group||Facilitie||Hours per Week|
|Education||High school plus completion of related courses or certificates||Experience||2 years|
RELIEF/CASUAL – FACILITY OPERATOR II
The City of West Kelowna is accepting applications for Facilities Operator II relief positions. As part of our Facilities Department, you will provide continuous and quality arena ice, and be responsible for providing safe, clean and quality facilities. Successful applicants will not be seeking full-time employment but instead be comfortable with an irregular schedule on an “as and when needed” basis.
- Grade 12 education plus Arena Ice Maker’s certificate or a recognized equivalent to the RFABC course, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Provincially certified 5th Class Power Engineer (refrigeration endorsement);
- Minimum of 2 years related experience;
- Working knowledge of ice resurfacing and arena refrigeration plant operation;
- Knowledge of fire alarms, fire extinguishers, fire fighting methods, emergency crowd control and building evacuation;
- Occupational First Aid Level I;
- Forklift certification is an asset;
- Knowledge of WHMIS, janitorial practices, including safe and proper handling of waxes, cleaners and other chemicals used;
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and related controls and pumps;
- Knowledge of facility operation and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Ability to perform minor building and equipment maintenance tasks;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Current RCMP Criminal Records Information;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License;
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.