Human Resources Manager
|Open Date||May 30 2019 - 11:20:00 AM||Close Date||Jul 02 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Human Resources Manager||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Human Resources||Hours per Week||Exempt|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||7 - 10 years|
Human Resources Manager
Due to a retirement the City of West Kelowna is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager that excels in motivating others, maintaining a positive and healthy working environment and promoting a culture of high performance.
This individual will bring expertise in labour relations and strategic human resource management. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the human resources department, provide support to the CAO and all managers in the areas of employee and labour relations, compensation and benefits, job evaluation plan, contract and policy development, safety program and communication strategies.
Our ideal candidate has an extensive background in all areas of Human Resources with focus in labour relations gained from managing in a unionized environment – preferably in the public sector. The Human Resources Manager will provide expertise, advice and guidance on all matters related to labour relations including collective agreement negotiations, administration and interpretation and will manage and lead grievance processes as well as conduct workplace investigations. This positon will effectively manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will prioritize, analyze and problem solve complex HR issues and technical problems. The successful candidate will continue to promote a safe workplace and support wellness initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Human Resources Management
- CPHR designation preferred
- 7 – 10 years of experience in progressively more senior HR generalist roles within union environment
- Work experience in local government is preferred
- Extensive knowledge in occupational health and safety programs
- Thorough knowledge of the BC Labour Relations Code, BC Human Rights Code and Employment Standards Act
- Exceptional people management skills
- Strong communication, problem solving, decision making and management skills
- Strong supervisory, leadership, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Valid BC Drivers’ License (candidates will need to upload a current drivers abstract when applying)
This permanent, full-time exempt position offers a competitive salary, benefits package and municipal pension plan. If you are interested in a challenging opportunity with a progressive municipal government, please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 19-29E | Closes July 2, 2019
Attachments19-29 Human Resources Manager.pdf