Summer Student - Communications
|Open Date||Dec 22 2020 - 02:36:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Student - Communications||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||4 months|
|Department Group||Communications||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
COMMUNICATIONS AND ENGAGEMENT
The City of West Kelowna has an exciting opening for a four-month summer student in the Communications and Engagement Department. Duties will include social media website and online engagement content administration, development of communications and promotional materials community engagement summaries, public outreach activities and some digital asset management.
- Enrolled in a Business Administration—Communications and Marketing program preferred, or related discipline, at a post-secondary institution
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access);
- Social Media experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Class 5 Drivers License preferred; Drivers Abstract required when applying
This 4 month summer student work term position begins May until end of August 2021, 35 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and offers an hourly rate of $18.98 plus 4% vacation pay.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-07E | closes JANUARY 24, 2021
Attachments21-07E Summer Student - Communications.pdf