Human Resources Assistant - Maternity Leave Coverage (18-20 months)
|Open Date||May 31 2021 - 09:34:00 AM||Close Date||Jun 27 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Human Resources Assistant - Maternity Leave Coverage (18-20 months)||Posting Type||Temporary Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary|
|Department Group||Human Resources||Hours per Week||35|
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Maternity Leave Coverage (18-20 months)
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Find your life balance here and grow your career with us. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
The City of West Kelowna is looking to onboard a Full Time Human Resources Assistant for 18 to 20 months covering a maternity leave. The ideal candidate is someone who excels in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with changing priorities. The position requires a high-energy individual who takes initiative and delivers excellent service to City staff and the public while building effective working relationships.
The HR Assistant will provide superior service, administrative and research support in all areas of Human Resources such as the first point of contact for employees, supporting full-cycle recruitment activities, assist with HR administration, generate a variety of reports, scheduling and administration of a variety of training and training records, prepare and maintain departmental and employee files, participate in projects which involve researching, compiling and analyzing information.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or combination of related education and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related position preferable in a unionized environment
- Knowledgeable in recruitment and legislation applicable to human resources such as the Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, and Workers’ Compensation Act
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRIS and ATS is an asset
- Experience handling highly confidential information with discretion and integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Strong work ethic with the flexibility to adjust hours when required
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License
This is a temporary exempt position covering a maternity leave with opportunity to work a minimum of 18 months, with flexibility of 20 months if needed. The successful candidate will need to be flexible to start working in July if needed. This position offers a competitive salary, Municipal Pension Plan and wellness programs for your work/life balance.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. Thank you for your interest. Please note only complete applications will be considered and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Competition 21-40E | Closes June 27, 2021
Attachments21-40E Human Resources Assistant - Maternity Leave.pdf