Summer Student - Communications
|Open Date||Jan 10 2019 - 10:30:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 04 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Student - Communications||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Communications||Hours per Week||35|
The City of West Kelowna has an opening for a 4 month summer Student in the Communications Department. Duties will include social media and website content administration, citizens’ survey development and administration, marketing material development, public outreach activities and some records management.
- Enrolled in a Business Administration—Marketing program preferred, or related discipline, at a post-secondary institution;
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access);
- Social Media experience;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; and,
- Be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
This 4 month summer student work term position begins early May until end of August, 35 hours per week, 8:30 – 4:30, and offers an hourly rate of $18.06 plus 4% vacation pay. Rate will increase to $18.24 effective July 2019.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 19-01E | Closes FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Attachments19-01E Summer Student - Communications.pdf