Civil Engineering CO-OP Student - 8 months
|Open Date||Dec 21 2020 - 03:14:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Civil Engineering CO-OP Student - 8 months||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||8 months|
|Department Group||Engineering||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
The City of West Kelowna is offering an opportunity for a student in the Civil Engineering field to gain valuable hands-on experience by completing an 8-month co-op work term in our Engineering Department.
Infrastructure improvements are a key investment priority for our City. The focus of this position will be to provide support to engineering staff in the assessment, management, and design of our infrastructure systems on a City-wide basis.
- Current enrollment in a registered Civil Engineering program at a post-secondary institution and must continue studies after the work term
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Familiarity with Engineering application software (AutoCAD, GIS, modeling software)
- Familiarity with basic civil surveying and data collection principles
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- A Class 5 driver’s license preferred
We are looking to fill an 8-month student co-op work term from May – December 2021. This is a 35 hour/week position working Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30. The hourly rate for this position is $18.98 plus 4% vacation pay.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
COMPETITION 21-03E | CLOSES JANUARY 24, 2020
Attachments21-03E Co-op Student -Civil Engineering (8 Months).pdf