RCMP Information Specialist
|Open Date||Jul 30 2019 - 01:47:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 09 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||RCMP Information Specialist||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||RCMP||Hours per Week||37.5|
|Salary Range||$38.52 effective|
RCMP INFORMATON SPECIALIST
The okanagan lifestyle is calling!
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. The City of West Kelowna’s RCMP Detachment has an opening for a full time permanent RCMP Information Specialist.
Position Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent will plan, organize and coordinate staff activities and prioritizes various service requests; evaluate, develop and design business processes enabling the implementation of electronic major case management “eMCM”. This position will also provide guidance and expert advice on the use of major case management systems to the command triangle, investigative team and outside agencies. The successful candidate will also extract information from eMCM databases and present the information in various reports. The essential role of this position is to facilitate the collection, retrieval and sharing of investigative materials.
What do we offer?
- Reasonable moving expenses provided
- Competitive salary combined with excellent pension, health and dental benefits
- Participation in the municipal pension plan
- On the job development and training opportunities
- Four weeks of vacation after 2 years of employment
Required skills and qualifications:
- Grade 12 plus the completion of a minimum of two relational database certifications in Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Query Analyzer, Crystal Reports, Relational Database Management Systems, Multimedia and Related Software or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years recent experience working in a police environment using PRIME and Major Case Management software applications and specifically Evidence and Reports (E&R) or two years recent experience in providing support to police operations
- Minimum of two years recent experience managing information in a relational database environment
- Minimum of two years recent experience at expert level in word processing, spreadsheet software and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with creating reports using applications such as Crystal Reports and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with digital multimedia (audio, photo, video) and related software
- High degree of judgment
- Able to work as part of an investigate team and comfortable in taking the team leader role with respect to information management
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal instructions and supervision
- Ability to exercise sustained periods of concentration to review, locate, analyze, extract and edit data from a wide variety of information sources
- High attention to detail in analyzing and preparing materials for investigators and Court proceedings
- Ability to work overtime on short notice
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required Enhanced Security Clearance
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants will need to upload their cover letter, resume and drivers abstract when applying.
Competition 19-28E2 | Closes September 9, 2019 | Pay $38.52 | 37.5hrs/wk
Attachments19-28E2 RCMP Information Specialist - External.pdf