Summer Student - GIS
|Open Date||Dec 24 2020 - 08:28:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Student - GIS||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||4 months|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
|Salary Range||$18.98 per hour|
INFORMATION SERVICES - GIS
The City of West Kelowna is currently accepting applications for a GIS Summer student position as part of the Application and GIS Services team. The City uses the Esri Enterprise platform to deliver its GIS Services to various departments within the organization using both desktop and cloud-based solutions. The student will have an opportunity to get involved in and exposed to GIS projects related to Civil Engineering, public works operations, parks and facilities operations, land use planning and development, Public Engagement & Communication and other departments within the municipality.
- Assist in the development and deployment of Web GIS applications to support departmental goals, improve communication and streamline access to data and information.
- Provide GIS support to internal staff with GIS related inquiries.
- Assist in data collection and maintenance using ArcGIS Pro.
- Communicate and identify problems, deficiencies and suggest solutions to GIS data related issues.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution; GIS related discipline preferred.
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year.
- Experience with the Esri platform (ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Enterprise) and an understanding of relational database systems.
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and Land Surveying are assets.
- An understanding of various operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Windows Server.
- Knowledge of python and arcade programming languages are considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A valid driver's license
As the successful applicant you will gain an understanding of local government information management systems and processes. This 4 month summer student work term position begins early May until end of August, 35 hours per week, 8:30 – 4:30, and offers an hourly rate of $18.98 plus 4% vacation pay.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-01E | Closes January 24, 2021
Attachments21-01E Summer Student - GIS.pdf