CO-OP Student - Utilities - Water Engineering Technology - 8 Months
|Open Date||Jan 10 2019 - 10:30:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 04 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||CO-OP Student - Utilities - Water Engineering Technology - 8 Months||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Utilities||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Utilities – Public Works||Openings||1|
|Location||Public Works - Bartley||Competition||19-10E|
Water Engineering Technology CO-OP Student
The City of West Kelowna has an opening for an 8 month co-op student in the Water Engineering Technology field to gain valuable hands-on experience by completing a work term in our Public Works Department – Utilities Division.
Water and Wastewater along with the associated operation and maintenance of the Infrastructure are key components of Public Works and plays a very important role in our community. The focus of this position will be to support Utilities staff by performing a variety of tasks relating to:
- Raw water storage dams, distribution valves and piping, PRV’s, booster stations, flow meters, chlorination and water treatment systems, online water quality analyzers, reservoirs, water meters, hydrants, collections networks and lift stations.
- Various programs such as Safety, Flushing, Water Quality Monitoring, Cross Connection Control, Water Metering, Hydrant Maintenance, Water Conservation, Locating and GIS, Dam Safety, Utility Excavations, Leak Detection, Inflow & Infiltration Reduction and more.
- Current enrollment in a registered Water Engineering Technology (or similar) program at a post-secondary institution;
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Familiarity with SCADA and SCADA interfaces;
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills – verbal and written;
- High attention to detail;
- Physically fit in order to accomplish maintenance tasks
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
The student will work 8 months from beginning of May until end of December, 40 hours per week, 7:30am - 4:00pm, with an hourly rate of $18.06 plus 4% vacation pay. Effective July 1, 2019 the rate will increase to $18.24. These positions may require shift work and/or including weekend shifts.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 19-10E | Closes FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Attachments19-10E Water Eng Tech - Utilities - 8 month co-op.pdf