Summer Students - Roads and Drainage
|Open Date||Dec 23 2020 - 09:44:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Students - Roads and Drainage||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||4 months|
|Department Group||Roads and Drainage||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Roads and Drainage||Openings||1|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
|Location||Public Works - Bartley||Competition||21-12E|
Public Works - Roads and Drainage
The City of West Kelowna has an opening for a summer student working in the Public Works Department - Roads and Drainage Division. The students will perform a variety of tasks assisting full time Roads and Drainage staff in the day to day operation and maintenance of City roads and drainage infrastructure such as roads, sidewalks, transit stops, streetlights, traffic control, roadside vegetation, catch basins, culverts and overland drainage ditches. Duties will include weed eating, garbage collection (transit), graffiti removal, pressure washing, pot hole repairs and painting streetlights.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year
- Related experience would be considered an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Good physical condition;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License preferred; Drivers Abstract will be required when applying
The students will work from early May until end August 2021, 40 hours per week, 7:30am – 4:00pm. These positions have an hourly rate of $16.75 plus 4% vacation pay. The students may be required to work shift work and/or including weekend shifts.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-12E | closes JANUARY 24, 2021
Attachments21-12E Summer Student - Roads and Drainage.pdf