Water Engineering Utilities Co-Op - 8 months - (1st Year)
|Open Date||Dec 22 2020 - 02:59:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Water Engineering Utilities Co-Op - 8 months - (1st Year)||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary|
|Department Group||Utilities||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Utilities – Public Works||Openings||1|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
|Location||Public Works - Bartley||Competition||21-08E2|
Water Engineering Technology
(1st Year) CO-OP Student
The City of West Kelowna has an opening for a CO-OP student working in the Public Works Department - Utilities Division. The student will perform a variety of tasks assisting full time staff in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of CWK’s Water and Wastewater systems, with a heavy focus on labor type activities such as vegetation control and hydrant maintenance.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Current enrollment in a registered Water Engineering Technology program or similar Water and Wastewater Tech program preferred and have completed their first year
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to studies in the subsequent academic year
- Related experience would be considered an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Good physical condition;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to follow instructions
- Valid Class 5 B C Drivers License; Drivers Abstract required when applying
The CO-OP student will work eight months from beginning of May until end of December 2021, 40 hours per week, 7:30am - 4:00pm, with an hourly rate of a student level I $16.75 plus 4% vacation pay.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-08E2 | Closes JANUARY 31, 2021
Attachments21-08E2 Water Engineering Utilities Co-Op - 8 months - (1st Year).pdf