|Open Date||Jan 13 2020 - 09:42:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 03 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Communications Coordinator||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Communications||Hours per Week||35|
|Salary Range||$34.53 (2020 wage TBD)|
The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. The City of West Kelowna’s Corporate Initiatives Department is seeking to fill the permanent, full time position of Communications Coordinator within its integrated team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Communications Supervisor, the Communications Coordinator will implement and maintain communication and public engagement programs, draft, post and print electronic materials, build relationships with community partners, peers and project stakeholders, coordinate and administer engagement events, implement social media messaging and responses and increase engagement on all platforms. This position will also design and publish materials, gather, analyze and share information on engagement initiatives. The incumbent will also research, coordinate and draft citywide grant applications under the direction of the Communications Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have experience in coordinating strategic public relations programs, writing and publishing materials, social media content management, and will possess excellent communication skills including public presentation experience.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Diploma from a recognized institution in Communications, Journalism and/or Marketing
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a related position
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality while coordinating multiple projects
- Experience coordinating communications to proactively prevent and address emerging issues
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high degree of customer service working in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills, writing abilities and public relations skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and graphic design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and basic photography and video clip skills
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Drivers License or equivalent
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 20-15E | Closes February 3, 2020 | Pay $34.53/35hr/wk (2020 wage TBD)
Attachments20-15E Communications Coordinator.pdf