Engineering CO-OP Student
|Open Date||Dec 22 2020 - 02:17:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Engineering CO-OP Student||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||4 months|
|Department Group||Engineering||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
ENGINEERING CO-OP STUDENT
The City of West Kelowna is offering opportunities for students in the Civil Engineering Technology field to gain valuable hands-on experience by completing a 4 month co-op work term in our Engineering Department.
Infrastructure improvements are a key investment priority for our City. The focus of this position will be to provide support to engineering staff in the assessment, management, and design of our infrastructure systems on a City-wide basis.
- Current enrollment in a registered Civil Engineering Technology program at a post-secondary institution;
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Familiarity with Engineering application software (AutoCAD, GIS, modeling software);
- Familiarity with basic civil surveying and data collection principles;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills – verbal and written;
- High attention to detail;
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
This four month co-op student term will start early May to end of August working 35 hours/week Monday to Friday. The hourly rate is $18.98 plus 4% vacation pay.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-04E | Closes January 31, 2021
Attachments21-04E Co-Op - Engineering (4 months).pdf