CO-OP Student - Public Works - Water Treatment Plant - 8 Months
|Open Date||Jan 10 2019 - 10:30:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 04 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||CO-OP Student - Public Works - Water Treatment Plant - 8 Months||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Water Treatment Plant||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Water Treatment – Public Works||Openings||1|
|Location||Powers Creek Water Treatment Plant||Competition||19-09E|
Water Engineering Technology CO-OP Student
Powers Creek Water Treatment Plant
The City of West Kelowna has an opening for an 8 month co-op student in the Water Engineering Technology field to gain valuable hands-on experience by completing a work term in our Public Works Department at the Powers Creek Water Treatment Plant.
Infrastructure maintenance and operation are key components of Public Works and plays a large part in asset management. The focus of this position will be to support Powers Creek Water Treatment Plant staff by performing a variety of tasks such as:
- Monitoring and testing water samples for proper chemical additions
- Record keeping and logs in the daily reports
- Repairs to plant equipment as needed
- General maintenance and other duties as required
- Current enrollment in a registered Water Engineering Technology program at a post-secondary institution;
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Familiarity with SCADA and SCADA interfaces
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills – verbal and written;
- High attention to detail;
- Physically fit in order to accomplish maintenance tasks
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
The student will work 8 months from beginning of May until end of December, 40 hours per week, 7:30am - 4:00pm, with an hourly rate of $18.06 plus 4% vacation pay. Effective July 1, 2019 the rate will increase to $18.24. These positions may require shift work and/or including weekend shifts.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 19-09E | closes FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Attachments19-09E Water Eng Tech - Public Works Water Treatment - 8 month co-op Student.pdf