Planner - Long Range
|Open Date||Oct 03 2019 - 10:02:00 AM||Close Date||Oct 28 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Planner - Long Range||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Planning||Hours per Week||35hr/wk|
|Salary Range||$34.53 - $36.46/hr|
PLANNER – LONG RANGE
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. Our employees consistently achieve remarkable results in a fast paced and innovative environment. The City of West Kelowna’s Planning Department is seeking to fill a permanent, full time position of Planner I or II – Long Range.
Position duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Planner will assist the Senior Planner in all Long Range planning activities including supporting the Community Visioning project, which is the first phase in revising the City’s Official Community Plan in 2020. The successful candidate will implement the City’s vision in a variety of other projects including updating the City’s Zoning Bylaw and drafting RFP’s, in addition to making recommendations to City Council and Committees while ensuring compliance with applicable legislation. This position will also make recommendations / presentations in a variety of planning projects based on interpretation of statistical, demographic, environmental and other relevant information.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a planning related field or minimum a 2 year diploma in Planning Technology;
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a related position;
- Eligible for membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia or the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Necessary knowledge of local land use policies and regulations, environmental legislation, as well as provincial and federal legislation related to planning;
- Knowledge in land-use planning, environmental information, as well as techniques of analysis and synthesis of information;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and operating knowledge of Geographic Information Mapping Systems (GIS);
- Basic graphic and mapping skills;
- Strong customer service skills and excellent communication skills – verbal and written;
- The ability to exercise courtesy, tact and diplomacy in the exchange of information with employees and external contacts;
- High attention to detail with superior report writing capability;
- Public presentation experience;
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Drivers License.
If you want to grow your career in one of the most beautiful places on earth, fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, boating, mountain biking or skiing and you are seeking a challenge, please submit your application.
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants will need to upload their cover letter, resume and drivers abstract when applying. The rate of pay will be commensurate with experience and education.
Competition 19-53E | Closes OCTOBER 28, 2019| Pay $34.53 - $36.46
Attachments19-53E Planner - Long Range - October - Repost.pdf
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.