|Open Date||Oct 16 2020 - 01:40:00 PM||Close Date||Nov 09 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Network Analyst||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||5 - 7 years|
The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling!
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Find your life balance here and grow your career with us. Live and work in a place that Maclean’s Magazine has named one of the best places to live in Canada. Spend weekends wine tasting, picking fresh locally grown produce, mountain biking through stately pine forests or swimming or kayaking in beautiful Okanagan Lake. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
The City of West Kelowna is seeking to fill the position of Network Analyst reporting to the Information Services Manager. The Network Analyst will primarily complete operational and project work that relates to the corporate and SCADA networks, as well as security. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and project management skills, along with an in-depth technical knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
Our ideal candidate:
- Grade 12 education plus a Bachelor of Computer Science degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years experience in a related position; including network management and network security;
- Current Police Information Check;
- Advanced knowledge of local and wide area network technologies, standards and protocols, including the ability to design, configure and troubleshoot complex network routing;
- IT Security certification;
- Advanced network security knowledge with Cisco and Meraki appliances;
- Experience with Hyperconverged Infrastructure;
- Advanced knowledge of SCADA protocols and data communications;
- CCNP and MCSE certification an asset;
- Knowledge of current Windows Client and Server Operating Systems with emphasis on MS Exchange, IIS, and Active Directory;
- Demonstrated ability in systems analysis including use of systems tools;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and associates in a professional manner;
- Ability to write clear and concise systems documentation;
- Experience leading projects;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Pay $42.95/hr @ 35hr/wk, M-F
Attachments20-53E Network Analyst.pdf