Summer Student - Recreation
|Open Date||Jan 10 2019 - 10:30:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 04 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Student - Recreation||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Recreation||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Recreation and Culture||Openings||1|
RECREATION AND CULTURE
The City of West Kelowna has an opening for a summer student in the Recreation and Culture department. The student will provide assistance to the Community Recreation Coordinators in all aspects of summer programming including the development of the quarterly Recreation Guide. The student will also be responsible for planning the Park Play Days and the Get Outside in the Park programs and assisting with special events such as Westside Daze, Art in the Park and Music in the Park.
- Enrolled in a Recreation / Leisure Services program is preferred, or related discipline, at post-secondary institution;
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- RCMP Clearance record;
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Valid Class 5 B C Drivers License.
Position will start beginning of May until the end of August and offer an hourly rate of $18.06 plus 4% vacation pay working 35 hours per week. Effective July 1, 2019 the rate will increase to $18.24. The position will require occasional shift work including weekend shifts.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 19-02E | Closes FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Attachments19-02E Summer Student - Recreation.pdf