Corporate Records Technician
|Open Date||Sep 30 2019 - 01:24:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 21 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Corporate Records Technician||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Legislative Services||Hours per Week||35hr/wk|
CORPORATE RECORDS TECHNICIAN
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. Our employees consistently achieve remarkable results in a fast paced and innovative environment. The City of West Kelowna’s Legislative Services Department is seeking to fill a permanent, full time position for a Corporate Records Technician.
Position duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Legislative Services Manager, the Corporate Records Technician will oversee the Records Management program for the City of West Kelowna. The position will develop, recommend and customize policies and procedures for records in accordance with the LGMA Records Management Manual, provide direction, assistance and training to departments on implementation and ongoing maintenance of a corporate records program, and establish and maintain a vital records inventory and plan for disaster recovery. Additionally, the position supports Council’s Advisory Committees by preparing agendas, composing minutes, and attending meetings as formal recording secretary. This position is the eScribe administration support person (template drafting, workflows, user configuration, etc.) who will also provide training to end users.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Certificate in Records Management
- 3 years recent related records management experience, preferably in local government
- Experience with eScribe - Meeting Management program
- Certificate in Local Government Administration preferred
- Considerable knowledge of LGMA Records Management Manual, relevant legislation, policies and practices governing records management; knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement new and/or revised methods and procedures related to records management
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate departmental training in records management
- Produce business correspondence with an ability to proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills
- Must work independently and be able to handle a multitude of priorities
- Position requires a flexible schedule, may require some evening work
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Drivers License
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants will need to upload their cover letter, resume and drivers abstract when applying.
Competition 19-49E | Closes OCTOBER 21, 2019| Pay $32.68 | 35 hrs/wk
Attachments19-49E Corporate Records Technician.pdf
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.