UTILITY OPERATORS - RELIEF/ON CALL
|Open Date||Oct 15 2018 - 08:28:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 21 2018 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||UTILITY OPERATORS - RELIEF/ON CALL||Posting Type||Casual/Relief|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual/On Call|
|Department Group||Public Works||Hours per Week||On Call|
|Department||Utilities – Public Works||Openings||2|
|Education||Other||Experience||2 - 5 years|
RELIEF POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The City of West Kelowna has openings to fill relief positions in our Public Works – Utility Department. The focus of these positions will be to support Utilities staff by performing a variety of tasks in watershed, water distribution and wastewater collections networks. We are also looking for individuals who have specific experience in water metering. Preference will be given for those applicants that have knowledge of municipal public works infrastructure and associated operation and maintenance practices. It is essential that applicants have sufficient stamina to withstand the outside field work.
- Grade 12 education;
- Current Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certificate in Water Distribution and/or Wastewater Collections and/or
- Water Engineering Technology Diploma or similar is an asset and/or
- 2-5 years related experience (water or wastewater O&M, civil earth works or industrial plumbing, millwright, electrical or instrumentation work);
- Occupational First Aid Level I;
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength and stamina to perform heavy manual work outside in the presence of all types of weather conditions;
The relief positions will be filled on an as needed basis however applicants must be able to work immediately. Wage starting from $23.14/hr depending on qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 18-65E | opens OCTOBER 15, 2018
Attachments18-65 Utility Operators (Relief).pdf