Summer Students - Parks
|Open Date||Dec 23 2020 - 09:09:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Students - Parks||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||4 months|
|Department Group||Parks||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Parks and Fleet||Openings||6|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
|Location||Operations - Elliott||Competition||21-10E|
The City of West Kelowna has openings for summer students working in the Parks department. The students will perform a variety of tasks assisting full time Parks staff in the day to day operation and maintenance of City properties such as planting shrubs and flowers, weed whacking and mowing, painting and repairs, beach and park clean-up.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Must be attending college or university during the last school term and returning to your studies in the subsequent academic year
- Related experience would be considered an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Good physical condition
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends
- Valid Class 5 B C Drivers License preferred; Drivers Abstract required when applying
The students will work from May until end August 2021, 40 hours per week, 7:00am - 3:30pm, and offer an hourly rate of $16.75 plus 4% vacation pay. These positions will require shift work and/or including weekend shifts.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-10E | closes JANUARY 24, 2021
Attachments21-10E Summer Student - Parks.pdf