Summer Student - Finance
|Open Date||Dec 22 2020 - 02:27:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Student - Finance||Posting Type||Student|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||4 months|
|Department Group||Finance||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Currently in college/university|
The City of West Kelowna has an opening for a Summer Student in the Finance Department. The student will perform a variety of accounting, clerical and administrative functions throughout the Finance Department, including but not limited to: general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, data entry, filing, and cash receipting.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Financial program at a post-secondary institution with plans to continue studies in the fall of 2021
- Completion of 1 year of an Accounting Diploma or Degree
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be able to work independently with limited supervision
This 4-month student term position begins in May until the end of August 2021 working 35 hours per week, 8:30 – 4:30, and offers an hourly rate of $18.98 plus 4% vacation pay.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-06E | Closes January 24, 2021
Attachments21-06E Summer Student - Finance.pdf