Police Services Supervisor (Reposted)
|Open Date||Jul 23 2020 - 10:00:00 AM||Close Date||Aug 10 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Police Services Supervisor (Reposted)||Posting Type||Exempt|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Police Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Salary Range||$82,057 - $96,538|
POLICE SERVICES SUPERVISOR
The City of West Kelowna is currently seeking to fill the position of Police Services Supervisor. Reporting to the Deputy CAO/Corporate Officer, the Police Services Supervisor is responsible for the efficient operation and management of municipal staff in providing support services to the RCMP. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all municipal support staff.
- Assigns, schedules, supervises and monitors the work of municipal support staff
- Plans, schedules and coordinates the training of new employees and ensures the maintenance of the municipal training manual
- Evaluates staff performance, takes corrective action when necessary.
- Liaise with the RCMP Management team as well as other City departments and contractors
- Provides recommendations and advice on municipal staffing levels, system requirements and detachment support services budget requirements
- Assists in the preparation of budgets
- Prepares and maintains statistical data and provides reports and correspondence related to the work of municipal staff as required
- Responsible for the accurate submission of staff timesheets
- Responsible for writing policies and procedures relevant to the Municipal Support Staff
- Provides general office operations management
- Manages the hiring, motivating, coaching and development of employees
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Business or Office Administration Diploma or a diploma in a related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment
- Strong computer skills in a Windows based environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an RCMP Reliability Clearance (Enhanced Security Clearance)
- Previous experience in a police environment
- Previous experience with the operation of the RCMP Detachment policies and procedures
- Knowledge of RCMP computer systems
This permanent, full-time exempt position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as an attractive benefit and vacation package and municipal pension plan.
If you want to grow your career in one of the most beautiful places on earth, fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, boating, mountain biking or skiing and you are seeking a challenge and you have the required qualifications, we want to hear from you.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 20-35E2 | Closes August 10, 2020
Attachments20-35E2 Police Services Supervisor.docx.pdf