Application and GIS Services Supervisor
|Open Date||Sep 04 2020 - 01:03:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 28 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Application and GIS Services Supervisor||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Information Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||5 years|
|Salary Range||$82,057.30 - $96,538|
APPLICATION AND GIS SERVICES SUPERVISOR
The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling!
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. As a growing municipality the City is currently working on exciting projects such as the development of #OurWK Community Vision. Come find your life balance here and grow your career with us. Live and work in a place that Maclean’s Magazine has named one of the best places to live in Canada. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Spend weekends wine tasting, picking fresh locally grown produce, mountain biking through stately pine forests or swimming or kayaking in beautiful Okanagan Lake. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
The City of West Kelowna is currently seeking to fill the position of Application and GIS Services Supervisor. Reporting to the Information Services Manager the Application and GIS Services Supervisor will oversee the Application and Geographic Information Systems teams and will manage a portfolio of municipal business and GIS related applications including, but not limited to Tempest, Cityview, iCity, SharePoint and ESRI-based applications.
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership, direct day-to-day operations and ensure that service levels are met for all applications, services and products supported by the Application and GIS teams. This individual will also possess excellent customer service, communication, problem solving and project management skills.
Responsibilities of this position could also include gathering budget information, product procurement, writing business cases, researching emerging IT trends in the application and GIS areas, prioritizing and coordinating operational and project work in the Application and GIS teams.
Our ideal candidate:
- University Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in an information technology field
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment
- Project management experience with PMP certification is an asset
- ITIL certification is an asset
- Experience in local government is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to articulate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood reports for a variety of stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of organizational business systems, industry requirements and technology
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.