Facility Operators - Relief/On Call Positions Available
|Open Date||Nov 14 2018 - 11:21:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 12 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Facility Operators - Relief/On Call Positions Available||Posting Type||Casual/Relief|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual/On Call|
|Department Group||Facilities Operator||Hours per Week||On Call|
RELIEF/ON CALL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The City of West Kelowna is accepting resumes for Facilities Operator II relief positions. As part of our Facilities Department, you will provide continuous and quality arena ice, and be responsible for providing safe, clean and quality facilities. Successful candidates will be placed in our relief pool and called on an as needed basis.
- Grade 12 education plus Arena Ice Maker’s certificate or a recognized equivalent to the RFABC course, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Provincially certified 5th Class Power Engineer (refrigeration endorsement);
- Occupational First Aid Level I;
- Forklift certification is an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years related experience;
- Working knowledge of ice resurfacing and arena refrigeration plant operation;
- Knowledge of fire alarms, fire extinguishers, fire fighting methods, emergency crowd control and building evacuation;
- Knowledge of WHMIS, janitorial practices, including safe and proper handling of waxes, cleaners and other chemicals used;
- Current RCMP Criminal Records Information;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
The wage for these relief positions will be $27.30/hr, $27.57/hr effective 2019 plus 4% vacation pay. Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a criminal records search.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 18-66E | Opens NOVEMBER 15, 2018
Attachments18-66E Facilities Operator II - Relief.docx