Facilities Operator I - Part Time - Term
|Open Date||Aug 06 2019 - 09:32:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 03 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Facilities Operator I - Part Time - Term||Posting Type||Temporary Part-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Facilities||Hours per Week||10-20|
FACILITIES OPERATOR I
Term- Part Time
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. Our employees consistently achieve remarkable results in a fast paced and innovative environment. The City of West Kelowna’s Facilities Department has 1 opening for A part time - term Facilities Operator I position. This position will be scheduled to work approximately 10 – 20 hours per week during home games of the West Kelowna Warriors from the end of August 2019 to approximately March/April 2020.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various routine custodial and maintenance duties in CWK facilities to ensure a clean, safe environment for all user groups;
- Operate custodial equipment efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and practice good public relations while responding to their inquiries;
- Set up for meetings and special events;
- Identify hazards and report to supervisor;
- Enforce all rules and regulations regarding public conduct, and health and safety;
- Appropriately handle, use and store high-pressure gases, fuels, paints and toxic chemicals under existing federal and provincial guidelines to ensure a safe facility for workers and users;
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with established safe work procedures as required by Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
- Grade 12 education, plus custodial certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 3 months related experience;
- Current RCMP Criminal Records Information;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office (email);
- Knowledge of fire alarms, fire extinguishers, firefighting methods, emergency crowd control and building evacuation;
- Knowledge of WHMIS, janitorial practices, including safe and proper handling of waxes, cleaners and other chemicals used;
- Ability to exercise courtesy, tact and diplomacy in exchange of routine information with members of the public;
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including shift work and emergency call outs;
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 19-39E | Closes SEPTEMBER 3, 2019 | Pay $26.23/hr